One of the required classes that a student will need to have this degree is to take LIS 458. The name of the class is Internet Resources and Applications which is taught by Dr. Scott Klingler who challenges his students to be better and adds a bit of humor to make the course more enjoyable. The objectives are:
'Objectives: After completion of the course students should be able to:1. Use the Internet to locate and access information
2. Use the Internet to communicate with others
3. Evaluate information located on the Internet
4. Create and maintain web pages
5. Demonstrate how the Internet can be effectively used in a library or other information center environment
6. Discuss ethical and social issues related to using the Internet
7. Be familiar with the history, development, and governance of the Internet '
(Dr. Klingler's Syllubus)
The class puts the information into a new perspective with the chapters required to be read plus the weekly discussion online.