Sunday, January 30, 2011

Thursday, January 27, 2011 LIS 489

Time: 8:00 to 11:25----break----12:30 to 3:40

I signed in at Petal High School for the day. Said 'Good Morning' to the people I past. I first looked at who was coming to the library for a class session on the desktop computers and notebook laptops. There were three teachers who were bringing in their students to do activities. The students have to check out the laptops. So, that the librarian can find out who had it last. I took out the notebook laptops and placed them on the check-out counter for the class that was coming.

I turned my attention to the job that I had started on Tuesday. The process of processing the materials is to first enter the ISBN number, author, title, ISSN number, or LCCN number. Find the material and when that person finds the proper material. They will try to find the one that has more information that the others and can find out the amount of description by clicking 'Details' by the title. Then, click on 'Add Copies' which takes the person to a place to place more information like the bar code, the class cataloging number with the last name right after it, and the price of the book.

The price of the books can be found on the back cover or can be found on the internet. Putting the price into system will help the librarian or the librarian helper to charge the student or faculty member the cost of the material.

During the day, I also helped put the laptops into the laptop center. So they could be charged for the next class, but basically the laptops came in and out all day. I also helped explain to a volunteer how the library was set up and which books go where.

I signed out for the day and left.

No comments:

Post a Comment