Friday, February 4, 2011

Feburary 1, 2011----LIS 489

Time: 8:00 to 3:40 with a lunch break of 30 minutes

This Tuesday seemed different from last Tuesday, because last Tuesday was my first.

For this Tuesday, I first signed in and then I went to go see the officer that works there at the high school. So, I could have an ID to identify myself within the school grounds. I went to the police house at 10 o'clock to get the ID done.

Before and after the ID was made, I helped shelve the books that were on the side cart beside the check-out counter. The other jobs that I helped do was put books into the Destiny system, checked in and out books, helped students find their information to sign in, helped on 'receiving on accounts' with fines and books, and tried to help with other things within the library.

I learned event more that a school librarian has to be flexible in everything she/he does within the library. I learned that shelving books are a constant job and that a librarian has to pay attention to books being out of place. So, that the librarian will have happier patrons, when they are searching for books.

No comments:

Post a Comment