Sunday, March 27, 2011

March 22. 2011-----LIS 489















Time: 8:00 am to 3:30 pm (minus 30 min.)

Tuesday, the school started to begin to wind up again for the last part of the semester, the last nine weeks. So, there was not much to do except scan the shelves and while put books into their place. The 'shelf scanning' took a lot of time in the non-fiction section that I had assigned myself for the day to do. I started with 0xx and ended on 3xx. During that time I was also asked to find the printer that was color and which one was black and white for the students that needed to get their document printed.

After, I was done with the scanning of shelves. I found that more student patrons had turned in more books and decided to leave those for Thursday. Next, I placed more books into the system that Ms. Sorensen had given me to do for the day. I had asked her if there were any books to put into the system and she game me those books. During the processing of the books to the system, I helped who ever needed me when Ms. Sorensen was taking care of someone else.

I learned that some days will be slow, and that is a good point to assign yourself projects. For the reason of not being able to when you are busy with a lot of patrons. Slow days can be a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment