Sunday, February 13, 2011

Feburary 8, 2011 -------- LIS 489



Time: 8:00 am - 3:30 with a break in between of 30 minutes.

Tuesday was a very eventful day at Petal High School. The entire day seemed to be a continuous cycle of taking out the laptop computers; checking them out; letting the students use them; the students using them for projects; checking them in; and then letting them charge. Sometimes the students would forget the log-in information and I could help them with the information. I helped check in books and check them out.

I helped find information about abnormal childhood diseases that the students needed for their research paper or help find information on countries. When the library seemed calm, I helped shelf books that needed to be placed on the shelves to make room for other books that needed to be placed on the shelves.

I tried to help the students and teachers to the best of my capability if they came to me for a question. If I did not know the answer to the question, then, I asked Ms. Sorensen the question.

I learned that librarians can have days that she/he will never stop moving and that sometimes the questions that her/his patrons will ask will keep her/his on their toes. Also, I learned that librarians can be pulled in different directions at once, and sometimes a deep breath can let that librarian slow down to figure out the answer or the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment